We support you in the development and implementation of an encompassing cyber security strategy across all interfaces. Our focus is on a cyber security management system that is individually adapted to your company.
MCS is your consulting partner for the implementation of a comprehensive cyber security strategy for your entire organisation within the scope of the UNECE. Our cyber security experts work with you to develop a compliant CSMS along your supply chain. With our cyber security ecosystem, we ensure that the adjacent areas and interfaces to IT security, OT security and privacy are also validated and optimally integrated into the overall cyber security strategy alongside product cyber security.
The Explosive Power of Technological Progress – The New Scope of Cyber Security
Cyber Security Management Systems (CSMS) and Software Update Management Systems (SUMS) are becoming critical success factors for all industries and are already mandatory for the automotive industry. On the one hand, the Internet of Things (IoT) is a complex engine of progress, on the other hand offers countless points of attack for cybercrime with its numerous components. The increasingly complex IoT systems must offer the highest level of security. In the development of the connected car, which has itself become part of the IoT through its connectivity and makes autonomous driving and smart mobility concepts possible, cyber threats are also keeping up with the speed of technical progress. Today, there are already up to 150 control units and more than 100 million lines of software code in a vehicle, and the trend is rising. But even the current mobility infrastructure provides a haven for hackers, posing an immense cyber threat to vehicle manufacturers (OEMs) and their suppliers. Cyber security has become an essential issue in the hardware and software value chain. The authorities are also aware of the dangers and have made CSMS and SUMS mandatory for the automotive industry and relevant for approval for the type testing of vehicles (homologation). Not only in the automotive industry, but also in other industries whose products are connected to the IoT, such as the construction industry and the health industry, CSMS and SUMS will be critical to success in the future. Regulations are also expected for these industries in the future.
magility Cyber Security – one DNA, two companies
We develop and operationalise your tailor-made cyber security strategy
Cyber security strategy as an elementary part of the corporate strategy
- Raise awareness among top management and shareholders for holistic cyber security management
- Analyse current and future targeted business models (e.g. digital business models)
- Review current management systems (e.g. ISO 9001 etc.)
- Fully assess product and market strategy (e.g. product programme etc.)
- Investigate current risk management (e.g. ISO 31000 etc.)
- Determine current and target core competencies (e.g. development and production depth for electronic hardware and software)
- Review current and aspired hardware and software life cycle management
- Manage current and aspired information, cyber security and privacy concept (e.g. ISO 27001, IEC 62443, General Data Protection Regulation)
- Analysis of current Cyber Security Organisation (AKV), e.g. for IT security, OT security, product cyber security and personal data protection, etc.
- Analysis of current Cyber Security Ecosystem Management
- From this, we derive the cyber security strategy and develop a roadmap adapted to the requirements and maturity of the organisation.
Implementation of a Cyber Security Management System
- Planning and support of implementation of UNECE R155, ISO 21434 by means of implementation of CSMS control loop MCS
- Design and implementation of product cyber security processes and activities in product development process and lifecycle management
- Accompanying cyber security certification or audit
Cyber Security Ecosystem Management
- Creation of specifications for cyber security ecosystem partners
- Support with validation and selection of CS partners
- Monitoring performance CS Ecosystem Partner
- Integrated project management of the client’s cyber security activities
- Operational Vulnerability- und Incident Management
Cyber Security as a Service
- Automotive Cyber Security as a Service (ACSaaS) as an integrated service for medium-sized companies
- Typical cyber security services may include: risk assessments, vulnerability analysis, threat intelligence, incident response and compliance monitoring.
- MCS works with automotive manufacturers, suppliers and fleet operators to identify and minimise potential cybersecurity risks.
- MCS also offers training to help client employees understand the importance of cybersecurity and protect themselves against potential threats.
- Demand-oriented cyber security interim management for cyber security management functions
Implementation of a Cyber Security Management System (CSMS) in your company
Our CSMS offers you operational and process-related support in the implementation of technical cyber security solutions as a holistic system function across the entire life cycle of organisations and products.
together. cyber. secure.
How MCS implements sustainable cyber risk management in your company
Our Cyber Security Management System
Our Software Update Management System
Magility Cyber Security
Cyber security regulations and standards at a glance
For many years, cyber security in the field of IoT was merely a self-imposed framework that was either adhered to or not. For a few years now, there have been national and international activities for the automotive industry to standardize CSMS and SUMS and audit them.
The implementation, operation, and maintenance of a CSMS as well as a SUMS have become an absolute necessity for automotive manufacturers who require type approval for their vehicles and sell them on European markets. Both manufacturers and suppliers are required to demonstrate compliance with the regulations for the vehicle and its components as laid down in the UN regulations (UNECE R 155 and R 156). These also include the requirement for certification in accordance with ISO 21434 “Road vehicles – Cybersecurity engineering” and ISO 24089 “Road vehicles – Software update engineering”.
The MCS-CSMS and the MCS-SUMS meet all the requirements of the UNECE regulations and also take into account all other regulations and framework conditions.
Further regulations, also for other industries, will surely follow in the next few years. The MCS-CSMS and the MCS-SUMS are continuously adapted to all new relevant framework conditions and mandatory regulations, so that with the MCS-CSMS and the MCS-SUMS you do not have to worry about whether all requirements are met. You are on the safe side with us!
Magility Cyber Security is your professional partner for the comprehensive implementation of cyber security. With technological expertise and foresight, we not only help your organisation comply with legal requirements. With the highest level of efficiency and our forward-thinking approach, we immerse ourselves in the lives of our clients and also ensure that Cyber Security fits seamlessly into their strategy and organisation.
“Together. Cyber. Secure.” In line with our motto, we ensure with a team of experts and technological partners that our customers always remain securely in the fast lane – networked, technologically and economically.
This complete offer clearly sets us apart from all current offers on the market. We are virtually a one-stop shop for your cyber security issues.
Get to know us
The MCS Team
The MCS Network
Through our close cooperation with Magility GmbH, we can draw on a long-standing eco-system with technology companies that work hand in hand with us: We are closely networked and work trustfully with leading cyber security providers, e.g. from Cyber Hub Israel. With our experienced cyber security experts, we are ideally positioned to offer our customers a holistic range of services across the entire product lifecycle, end-to-end, and across the entire software supply chain.
The MCS Promise
- Our CSMS and SUMS are simply a custom-fit add-on
- For us, security-by-design is not a question of money and time but primarily a question of culture.
- We seamlessly adapt our CSMS and SUMS into your strategy and organisation
- We always evaluate individually and consider the overall system holistically
- Our consultants and experts are already “at home” in the automotive industry for many years
Our Cyber Security References
International testing, inspection & certification group
Branche: Testing, inspection and certification of technical systems and vehicles
Projektfokus: Design and implementation of customer-oriented cyber security strategy including service portfolio; development of a CS business unit for certification and auditing of CSMS.
Automotive Tier 1
Branche: Electronic components (hardware and software)
Projektfokus: Implementation of ISO 21434 plus customer-specific cyber security guidelines; preparation for certification and auditing by the customer.
Magility Cyber Security News
Cyber Security Insights
The automotive industry is in a constant state of transformation due to the constant evolution of existing technologies and innovations, as well as new ones being added. In recent years, autonomous driving capabilities and many other vehicle and software features designed to make our roads safer and traffic more efficient have evolved more rapidly than in several decades prior.
All networked devices, including vehicles, are exposed to security threats and must be protected against many types of malware. Cyber Security Management Systems (CSMS) that are aligned with the current challenges can provide a useful organizational and process support for technical cyber security solutions for this purpose.
Careers at MCS
MCS combines start-up spirit with many years of entrepreneurial experience. As a young company with experienced management, our employees have creative freedom to shape their work – at the same time, cyber security is a cutting-edge and highly complex topic that requires specific expert knowledge, a high affinity for technology and above-average performance. Become part of our team and successfully use your strengths and talents at MCS!
The Magility locations
MCS Office-location Wendlingen
MCS is located in the listed Neckarspinnerei site in Wendlingen am Neckar, embedded in the banks of the Neckar River. The building from the turn of the century, which is currently being transformed into a forward-looking sustainable quarter through an elaborate real estate development with international support, also houses a startup campus. We are one of the companies that has been part of this fast-growing startup community from the very beginning.Yo can find us here
Your contact to MCS
Contact us for the implementation of your cyber security strategy!
We are also the right partner for you if you need cyber security advice in certain areas or for specific projects. Furthermore, we also manage the technical implementation in cooperation with our cyber security ecosystem partners.
This way, you can be sure that you will receive a holistic cyber security offer where everything is just right.